Thursday, January 15, 2009




At first glance this is a really simple layout. It is the same layout used for the Kindergarten Graduation layout posted earlier. Six vertical pictures creating a picture row. I attempted sewing on my paper for the first time. I used white thread on the dark brown paper and just made soft, flowing curves to add some dimension and interest. It took a while getting the curves to look non-choppy, but after a few practices, they started looking really good. The flowers are chipboard, which I then painted (acrylic craft paint). I mixed a little Martha Stewart glitter with some Mod Podge glue and covered the entire surface, giving it a smooth, thick, glittery surface. I used a Cricut machine for the pink letters, but I just printed small brown letters and then cut them up very small and staggered them for a cute, girly look.

3 comments:

Carlson said...

Wow Mindy!!! Super creative! love it:)

Carlson said...

And also- can you invite me to see your blog?

Britni and Brett said...

This one is way cute. It's really simple, but looks really creative. My only problem is, I don't have that many vertical pics