Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Animal Kingdom Lodge



While I'm not completely impressed and inspired by this layout, I did want to use it as an example of something I am inspired by. One of the many reasons I scrapbook is to preserve memories and family history. Besides photos, I find that using actual souvenirs from places, trips, etc. add that real-ness of our family. Our hotel was by far our favorite part of our whole trip, and although I didn't have too many pictures, I had a lot of paper products, such as maps, activity explanations, courses offered, dining options, etc. We were so impressed with everything the hotel alone had to offer, that I decided to incorporate some of these elements into my layout. The title comes from a brochure we got when we arrived, and the map on the right was what we lived by to get around the place. We were to record what animals we saw, and we had a lot of fun doing that as a family. I folded a couple of other important things and placed them behind the map, attached some fiber, and made them accessible down the road, when I've completely forgotten any details from our first trip to Disneyworld. Try keeping souvenirs from your trips, your favorite restaurant, your favorite store, nail salon, etc. and incorporating them into your next layout!

7 comments:

Karlea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Livingstone Family said...

Mindy, it looks great! I wish I was into scrapbooking, but I feel behind before I even start. Although, I do love digital scrapbooking and have spent a lot of time creating things I can print off at Costco! I figured out how to make widgets when John started his blog. I could make one for you that other people could embed into their blogs if you tell me what you want it to say, it is a great way to advertise your blog. Let me know!

Roscoe and Daisy said...

You are awesome at scrapbooking. I wish that was a talent and desire of mine- I feel pretty good just blogging. Way to go it looks great!

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

Love it...it is inspiring me to pull out some paper and do some pages myself! I have added the link to my blog too.

Jenni Johansen said...

cute cute cute. I think this blog will be a big hit! I'll post about it.

cari said...

Nice blog. I will definately have to check it out from time to time except I don't scrapbook--I gave up on it forever ago...but I still love to make cards so maybe I'll get some ideas for that.

Britni and Brett said...

Oh! I remember this page. This page inspired me for a seaworld page. I took like a couple maps so that I could do this same page except for seaworld.