Friday, January 23, 2009

"All Smiles" by: Jenni Johansen

So, I (Jenni: Mindy's sister-in-law) made this layout using Basic Grey paper. I trimmed 1/4 inch of the sides to frame the right page and make a "T" pattern on the left page. Everything is mounted atop dark gray textured paper. I think its a pretty simple idea as I consider myself more of a "medium-level" scrapper. I did the title with scrapbook paint and letters. The flower is made of thick metal and then I added the blue paper flower with a brad to hold it together. I think it came out pretty cute. I think this idea worked well since the pattern on the paper had so
many "lines" to begin with, and the"framing"complimented that.


2 comments:

Mindy Burns said...

Love it! I didn't know you cropped the edges off the patterned paper to make the skinny strips- it looks great! I especially love how the painted letters match the "look" of the patterned paper.

Anderson's said...

You did a very good job with this layout. I have a really hard time using anything but solid paper as my mat. I think your pages flowed very well...with the colors and pics. I'm sure you find it easy making great pages with such a precious baby. He is sooo cute!