Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cards by: Mindy Burns

I NEVER make cards! My husband always wonders why I buy packaged cards at the store when I have a bunch of card-making materials at home...I've tried to explain that scrapbooking and card-making are two VERY DIFFERENT hobbies. It would make sense that if you scrapbook, you make cards, but I know I am NOT the only one out there that prefers one to the other....
A card exchange has forced me to try the card making thing, and after the initial, "how do I fit everything onto this tiny little card?" dilemma, it was actually quite fun and refreshing to have something done fairly quickly! I might have to try it more often!!!
The top one is made from a new paper line I bought called Animal Crackers, and it is ADORABLE- lots of sparkly animals and designs...The second cards is made mostly from scrap paper, including Me & My Big Ideas, but the felt flowers are from Stampin'up, and I love the colors of them! I also bought the 'make them yourself' brads, which are really cool because you can make the top of the brad anything you want, you just cut out the same sized circle, and then cover it in a clear epoxy sticker provided, for a very custom look!

1 comment:

Britni and Brett said...

OOO I am so glad you bought that animal crackers paper, it is so cute! I think about making cards sometimes, and maybe I am selfish, but I don't like spending all that time making a card just for someone to read it and throw it away. Just my opinion. I make my party inviations which is fun, but at least with scrapbook pages you get to keep them and enjoy them. Your cards are really cute though!!!!