Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tyrone Wells




I credit this great layout to the great paper I used! I wanted it to be hip and unique, since the event was a cool, hip private concert. I took the colors from the wall and couch in the photos, then found the large polka dot paper and solid green to match. The edges already had the inked look, so I made it my own by carefully cutting out the flower design on the red paper. I added the flowers and brads for more depth, and used grungeboard for the first time. The grungeboard I purchased was already cut into several different shaped sizes, and the diamond-shaped pattern is already on the pieces. I simply inked the sides and top, used a square hole punch for the edge, and attached some fiber. I think the material really worked with this particular theme/layout, so now I'm looking into using it in different ways. I used coordinating fiber and stapled it on the left side of the layout. I used sticker letters for the title, and attached the actual tickets to the layout. I love using personal items/touches from events to add to the layout- they give it a very personal, real touch. They don't always match or "go", but I say use them anyway- they're a great reminder of your event!

No comments: